BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD.
I hesitated to start this project at such an odd time of the year. But then I reflected on the fact that the hands on my clock “keep on ticking into the future” at a very fast pace these days. So I decided to seize the day and start this Monday feature. At the end of the post you will find a link up frog and I hope you will join me on this venture and once a week write a post and link up to others and share what you are thankful for this week.
I believe in the power of positive group energy. Perhaps if enough of us join together we can change the negative climate that exists and is overtaking our planet. Together we can move our fellow citizens of to a better, higher and finer place.
I hope that by writing these posts that we will move together beyond thankfulness into appreciation. Because appreciation for the moments and things for which we give thanks requires us to be mindful of our lives.
Saturday I spent a delightful day in New York City with my much loved husband and very dear friends. It was a perfect day in every respect and one that I have every reason to be very thankful for. But at small moments during the day appreciation arose and I experienced the day on a richer level.
THINGS THAT CAUSED MOMENTS OF APPRECIATION
- Watching my husband and friend engrossed in a conversation.
- Feeling a cool breeze when we crossed to the shady side of the street.
- A big smile given to me by a small child while we waited to cross a street.
- Being able to dine while appreciating the beauty of the Statue of Liberty and the Hudson River.
- The intimacy of riding in our car in the dark and speaking about our hopes and fears for our children.
Wishing you many moments of appreciation this week,
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD. SHARE YOUR STORIES OF THANKFULNESS AND APPRECIATION.
I am sharing this post today with my friends over at TWO WRITING TEACHERS.
I am also linking today with Jacqueline at ACOOKINGPOTANDTWISTEDTALES.COM.