Last week one of the writers in My Slice of Life Group, Carol Wilcox, carolwscorner.blogspot.com, wrote about having a difficult child. She felt that all the other Slicers had an idillic family life. So this Slice goes out to her.
As many of you who have read my blogs know, my husband and I are currently raising our one year old granddaughter. We also have a 37 year old son who lives in a nursing home. The following is a list of the ironies in my life from the past week.
- Receiving complementary copies of Parenting Magazine and AARP Magazine.
- Buying baby food on the first Wednesday of the month so that I can receive the senior discount.
- Explaining to the nice man at Amerihealth that I can’t put Maya on our health insurance policy because we are on Medicare.
- Feeding your granddaughter breakfast and then going to a nursing home to feed your son lunch.
- Getting a babysitter so that you can celebrate your 65th birthday with your girlfriends.
“If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.”
― Regina Brett
Wishing you a week filled with humorous ironies,