Leigh Anne, who blogs on A Day in the Life at blogspot.com, has nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Thank you Leigh Anne for thinking of me.
There are certain rules for participation in this award. I need to share 11 random facts about myself, answer the 11 question the nominating blogger created for me, I need to post 11 questions for the 11 bloggers that I am to nominate. I am to list the names of the 11 bloggers for all to read.
I am using this week’s post to fulfill these rules. So here it goes:
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I do not like to drive. My friends lovingly call me Miss Daisy.
- I have been married 41 years.
- I have self published a picture book titled “Before I Was Born”.
- I have gone to the same hairdresser for 26 years.
- I have played golf for over 20 years and I am still a hacker.
- I don’t know how to swim.
- I will be taking custody of my 8 month old granddaughter soon.
- I am a voracious reader.
- I only started writing because my husband forced me to.
- I love to cook and I am pretty good at it.
- I have been working in my husband’s office for 15 years.
LEIGH ANNE’S QUESTIONS
- What is the best gift you have ever been given? The very best gift was my engagement ring. It was the start of this crazy, happy life with a man I have never stopped loving.
- What is the one thing you would change about yourself? I would like to have a better formal education. I always feel like I’m playing catch up ball when it comes to education.
- Which teacher had the biggest influence on you and why? I had a beautiful Sister Of Mercy who taught me English during my junior year in high school. She was the first person I remember who encouraged me to write and to go to college.
- What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now? I hope I will be spending a lot of time traveling. I hope I am able to continue to explore my new interest in hiking. And, of course, I hope I will have lots more time to write, meet other writers and attend writing workshops.
- What is your favorite family moment? We try to have a family dinner every Sunday. It is has been pure joy to have my son, daughter in law and grandson so willing to spend this time with us.
- What is your favorite hot/cold drink? My favorite hot drink is coffee and favorite cold drink is glass of wine.
- What are you passionate about? I am passionate about sharing my love for reading.
- What are you currently reading? I am currently reading Canada, God Got A Dog and Bright From The Start.
- Which season do you like best and why? For me, you can’t beat autumn. I like everything about this season – the weather, the colors, the smells, the cooking, Thanksgiving.
- Did you have a favorite outfit as a kid and what did it look like? Sorry, I don’t recall having a favorite outfit. Anything that was new became my immediate favorite.
- Why did you start blogging? I wanted to find an outlet for expression and also a discipline – something I would have to show up and do.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
- Meg Everingham – yogababymama.com
- Heidi Swanson – 101cookbooks.com
- Tara Lazar – tralazar.com
- Paul Einlyng, sweetpaulmag.com
- How do you prefer to read books, paper or electronic?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite recipe?
- What is your favorite picture book?
- What are you reading right now?
- What is your favorite cookbook?
- Why did you start writing your blog?
- What is the best gift you were ever given?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your favorite family pastime?
- What are you cooking right now?
Have a great week,